Screen mirroring on Android devices is a lot easier than on iOS devices. And now that Google has announced that their Chromebooks can mirror your Android screens to offer you a bigger display, Chrome OS users are in for a treat! To mirror your Android device on your Chromebook, you will need to download some Android apps that support screen mirroring. With the help of these apps, you can mirror your gameplays, videos, and images on a larger screen.
Read on to find out how to mirror an Android device to Chromebook using various apps. We have mentioned multiple ways to mirror your Android devices to Chromebook so that you can try out another method if one of them does not work for you.
How to Mirror an Android Device to Chromebook?
There are various apps that allow you to mirror your Android devices to Chromebook:
1. Using Reflector 3
Reflector 3 is a version of one of the best screen mirroring apps developed for Android. This app supports Miracast, Google Cast, and AirPlay. It lets you mirror your Android devices to your Chromebook very easily.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Download Reflector 3 on your Android device and Chromebook. Once downloaded, install the app on Chromebook and make sure it is installed on your Android device, as well.
- Now launch the app on both devices, ensuring that both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If they aren’t, you won’t be able to mirror your Android screen.
- On your Android device, click on Menu in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now click on the Cast Screen/Audio function. A list of all the available devices, including your Chromebook, would appear. Tap on Chromebook in this list to begin mirroring your screen.
2. Using VMLite VNC Server
VMLite VNC Server is yet another screen mirroring tool. Although it is not as advanced as Reflector 3, it can be used on any Android device of any model and does not need rooting. It is a remote control app for Android devices that is only available in a paid version.
Here’s how you can use VMLite VNC Server to mirror your Android device on Chromebook:
- Download VMLite VNC Server on your Chromebook and your Android device.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app on both devices, enable the USB debugging mode on your Android phone by going to the Developer Settings on your device.
- Now connect your Android phone to your Chromebook using its cable. As soon as the two devices are connected, the VMLite VNC Server will identify your device.
- A “Start VMLite Server” prompt would open. Click on it to start the screen mirroring.
3. Using AirDroid
Although AirDroid is a super cool file management app, one of its features also includes screen mirroring. Screen mirroring was recently introduced by the app developers in addition to some other features.
Here’s how you can use AirDroid to mirror your Android device on Chromebook:
- Create an account on AirDroid using any device.
- Download the AirDroid app on your Android device from Google Play Store or use their website to scan the QR code to find the app quickly in Google Play Store.
- Once you have installed the app on your Android phone, make sure that both your phone and your Chromebook are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the AirDroid app on your Chromebook. Your Chromebook screen would display a QR code. Scan it using your Android device.
- Now follow the steps on the screen to start the screen mirroring.
4. Using Vysor
Vysor is an amazing app that lets you remotely control your Android device with your Chromebook. Thanks to Vysor, you can display your Android screen on your Chromebook to mirror anything you are doing on your Android device. In addition to being a screen-mirroring app, it also lets you control your Android device remotely via Chromebook.
Vysor comes in both free and paid versions. The free version lets you mirror your Android screen with limited image resolution. However, the paid version allows screen mirroring with higher resolution.
Here’s how you can use Vysor to mirror your Android device on Chromebook:
- Install Vysor on your Chromebook by going to their website and downloading the installation package. Once the installation package has been downloaded, install Vysor on your Chromebook.
- Once done, launch the app and check if you have allowed USB debugging on your computer. If not, enable USB debugging on Chromebook. Also, make sure that your Chromebook has access to your Android device.
- Now tap on the View button in the list of available devices in the Vysor app. You need to make sure that both your Android phone and your Chromebook are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Allow everything to load, and once it is done, you will be able to mirror your Android screen on your Chromebook and control your Android device remotely by using the mouse and keyboard of your Chromebook.
5. Using AllCast
AllCast is yet another app that offers partial screen mirroring, meaning that it won’t mirror your entire Android device on your Chromebook. It will only let you stream music, videos, and photos from your Android device on your Chromebook. So if you just want to mirror photos, videos, and music on your Chromebook, you can use this handy app for quicker and better results.
The free version of AllCast only lets you stream limited lengths of videos on your Chromebook, that too with ads. However, the paid version does not have any limitations.
Here’s how you can use AllCast to stream the videos, photos, and music on your Android device on Chromebook:
- Download and install the AllCast app on your Chromebook from Chromebook Web Store.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and search “AllCast.” Once found, download and install the app.
- After the app has been successfully installed on both your Android device and Chromebook, launch the app on your Android device and choose the Chromebook Chrome browser as the receiver.
- Now start mirroring photos, videos, or music on your Chromebook.
How to Control Your Computer Using an Android Device?
You can also use the Chrome Remote Desktop app to control your computer remotely using your Android device. Here’s how you can access your computer remotely using your Android device:
- Download the Chrome Remote Desktop app on your Android device from Google Play Store and open it. Make sure both your Android phone and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select the computer you want to access from the on-screen list. All the online computers would appear bright, and the offline computers would be dimmed.
- You can control your computer using a virtual mouse pointer or via Touch mode. Select the desired mode and continue accessing your computer remotely.
That’s how you can use your computer remotely via any Android device.
Chromebooks do not come with a built-in option to cast or mirror your Android devices. At least not yet. However, there are many tools on Google Play Store that can help you achieve this. In this article, we mentioned SIX apps that allow you to mirror your Android device to Chromebook easily. Try out any of these apps and see which one works best for you.
Now that you know how to mirror an Android device to Chromebook, you can ditch your phone and mirror its screen on your Chromebook to enjoy a bigger display. You can even remotely control your Android device from your Chromebook by using one of the apps we have mentioned above!