I'm up in Canada & Lenovo had a sale going on so I've eyeing the C13 CB. Then rakuten suddenly popped a 15% cashback on Lenovo & the C13 Ryzen 7 16gb 256 with the standard HD IPS 300nits display (4k Oled is no longer) can be had for usd$550 after rakuten & codes. After hummin' hawin' for a few days & being that its an easy return otherwise, I finally dropped the hammer on it.
It finally arrived today & I've been playing with it for the entire evening (much to the chagrin of the SO). Every comment I make is based on my experiences with a 5yr old Asus C302 (m3 4gb) & 3yr old HP x360 14 (i3 8gb). Let me start with the negs…
- rig isn't as fast as I imagined being that its ryzen 7 16gb & all but still faster than I've experienced. Videos & images seems to load & pop faster than the HP by significant margin (est 30-40%)
- touchpad is small though it works well (about equal to the C302 but not as good as the HP)
- speakers are tinny & sounds like trash (my Poco F3 phone is multiXs better) but I already knew this & have decent bt headphones for music plus a Aftershokz Aeropex bone induction headset for everything else. I already do this with my other CBs so no surprise here.
- a bit heavier than the C302 (12.5") but lighter than the HP (14")
- battery life is worse than HP (still >10hrs after 3yrs) but I'm still est 7-8hrs at least.
- stylus has some lag but acceptable for my usage so not good for artists & the like but then, they would't be looking at CBs to start with.
- still on OS 91.x.xxxx.167 official stable. HP & Asus are on 92.xxxxxx so I'm sure there's further optimization to be had for any fw issues
- practically everything else
- build is tops. Exudes premium quality every where
- although display is only HD, the image & color is best vis a vis the other 2 in my quiver. Though not blindingly bright, its bright enough & watching movies is a good experience
- keyboard is best I've ever used. I assume the trackpoint (or nub/nipple) is good as well but I'm not a fan to begin with
- fingerprint sensor works awesome. worldview cam is acceptable for scanning & doing the quick n dirty
- 16gb ram is worth the money. No issues with 30-40 open tabs plus a torrent dl via android app plus YT vid playing plus simultaneously casting a movie to my Nvidia Shield TV. Awesome!!!
- amazing plethora of I/O. No complaints here
So far, I have not encountered the lagging stuttering & otherwise OS issues mentioned by early adopters. I know its early days but so far, I like it! Best CB I've ever owned &or used. If anyone has any tests they'd like me to do, bring it up. I'll try to accommodate…